Friday, March 29, 2013

Reasons for "Charging is not supported with this accessory" (Iphone)

Hello Guys,

Today i won't be giving a guide  but i will be giving reasons for a problem which most people have encountered in their iphones.  A few months back i posted a solution which worked for me for sometime but again i encountered the problem.
The error is a popup message which gets popped up when connected to the charging cable, the message is "Charging is not supported with this accessory". 
This problem seems to be faced by many people and i have seen that most of the internet answers doesn't give any proper reason for this error.

The error message is as follows :-









I thought of listing down the possible causes for this error message to occur.

Reason 1: 
You might have dust stocked inside your charging port, trying cleaning it with a brush.

Reason 2:
You might have a damaged pin in your charging port, if there is please change your charging port.

Reason 3:
You might have a bad charging cable , try using another charging cable.

Reason 4:
Your charging port might have water damage / humidity. Check your charging port for rust and check whether the water indicator is normal. If you don't know where the indicator positions are , please have a look at  the guide which i posted a few months back. (Click here to go to the guide)

Reason 5:
-This is the worst problem , your battery might be leaking / if you are lucky it might just be a bad battery.
Unfortunately for me , my battery had a leak ,I was getting the message and i did all the steps which i mentioned in the above reasons and yet it didn't get fixed.
-I then removed the phone to check the condition of the battery and to my amazement , the phone battery was leaking.  It was a bit late it has already damaged some transistors as well and that's why it was giving me the message saying"Charging is not supported with this accessory".
-I had to do a re-soldering and fix the bad transistors (my friend did the re-soldering) and i had to change my battery for good (It might have leaked again).
-Well the battery cost me around $30-$40 (original one) and now the phone seems to be working flawlessly.
So if you had done all the steps which i mentioned above and didn't get fixed please check your battery.


So guys i hope you guys found what the problem was , which caused your iphone to popup the message.
I further  advice, if you are on the 5th reason , please do act fast as it can damage you motherboard like it did to mine.


Thank you for reading this post and please do check out my guides.

Have a great day!


7 comments:

  1. I also want to point out that since the most recent Apple iOS upgrade, generic charging cords and power outlets don't seem to work. I purchased some generic charging cords and power plugs that used to work just fine, but since the newest iOS upgrade, the performance of the generic charging accessories is dicey. I guess "GrApple" wants us to use only Apple products exclusively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well actually yes sometimes the compatibility issue might occur due to new updates , so sometimes buying the original apple chargers might fix the problem as well.

      Thank you for sharing :)

      Delete
  2. Nice post with great details. I really appreciate you for sharing this info with us through this blog. Thanks. ucuz iphone

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure to share the knowledge i know. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello
    Zorro
    You have given such a awesome blog regarding iphone charger issues .i am also having such charging problems in my phone .These information are really helpful for me. After doing some research and from my friends I came to know that airccc iphone case provider is providing better iphone chargers. Thanks a lot .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome :). I hope you managed to fix your charging issue. Thanks for visiting my blog and for the wonderful comment :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you, this worked really well. (: What caused mine is damage of one of the pins you plug into the wall on my cord. I walked by it and tripped on it while it was charging my iPod and it was damaged a little bit. Luckily for me it wasn't that bad and I just pushed the pin back in and it worked like a charm afterwards. (: Also what you can do is if it really is damaged bad, you can get it fixed or buy a new one. Thank you, this really helped. :)

    ReplyDelete